May 13, 2013

The Grits



Welcome to the Grits. I've been working on a few more "grits" to add to my gritty/ scrubbie line. Currently for sale I have a mechanics grit, my mister swears by it. He works on motorcycles and gets all greasy and grimy. He used to have to use that orange pumice soap that has who knows how many chemicals in it. He'd always complain afterward how gross and how dry his hands felt after washing them with that stuff. So my first mission was to create a gritty soap that would take off grease. Mission accomplished. He loves it, and I have artists and other mechanics that also swear by it as well. He is always amazed at how clean it gets his hands, but leaves them completely moisturized.

So then we started thinking and thought up our "garden grit". We are always out in our garden getting our hands in the dirt and we are friends with lots of farmers..so it was only a matter of time before this soap was born. You will be able to get it starting this weekend, label production is currently underway.

The third grit that is being added to the line is "kitchen grit". This one is still a work-in-progress and won't be available for a minimum of four more weeks. It's a coffee soap, with coffee grinds that should remove any kitchen smells (garlic, onions, peppers etc) I'm really excited to be able to test it out. Currently it's unscented (only has a very slight scent of coffee) , but I may change that. If you had a soap just for your kitchen, what scent would you want it to be?

Check back to be notified when the Garden Grit goes up for sale, you never know, there may be a discount code to go along with it!

Happy Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I definitely need the garden grit AND the kitchen grit! I actually think unscented/minimal scent of coffee is a wonderful idea. If I did pick a scent, I would go with something calming and that wouldn't stick on dishes, etc. Maybe oatmeal, or vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi angie - they will both be for sale shortly. i think when i make the kitchen grit again it will have a slight scent of mint. =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...