May 21, 2013

you asked, I listened... on the curing shelf...

I love being open to new ideas, new scents, new combinations that I may not have thought of. So I would like to bring you a new segment - "you asked. I listened".

While I cannot guarantee that I will be able to make every request, the ones that I feel have a large audience appeal or certain combinations that have been asked for numerous times by multiple different people - I'll give them a whirl and test em out.

Recently with the start of the farmer's market, I have been asked several times for Patchouli soap. The scent is not for me, but too many of you were asking and saying how hard it is to find. So because I love you all- I obliged to your wants and desires, put a pin on my nose, and made up a batch of Patchouli soap. I think I will lovingly name it, "the stinky hippie".  Thank you all for making my house smell of Patchouli! (please note sarcasm)

The second soap I get asked for all the time is an oatmeal soap. I did have an oatmeal soap last winter, but it was a disaster. The oatmeal was extremely rough and it just was not a pleasant soap. So again, because of multiple requests I came up with a new oatmeal soap.


This one has soft, organic oats and the scent is lavender and peru balsam (smells a lot like vanilla). I then added just a touch of alkenet root to give it a very faint purple hue.

Both of these soaps will be available for purchase in 4 weeks (June 15th).

Are there any combinations you are dying for me to try or think will be the "next big hit"? Let me know, if I get enough requests or think its a winner - you just may see your soap here!

4 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for a good pine or balsam scent, especially in the winter. The fresher and more realistic smelling, the better! Also, desert sage is a lovely smell, and hard to find in products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the info Sondra- I already have Pine - (Pine Barrens) and it smells just like Christmas! I'm going to check out what desert sage is all about.

      xx
      trisha

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely be pondering this, however in the meantime, I totally 1+ Sondra's idea. Pine, yessss. Desert sage, yessss. Oooo, what about something with Dragon's Blood? It's such a lush, rich scent yet can be very calming as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, I've already got the Pine covered and will look into desert sage. Never heard of Dragon's blood - I just did one up I am going to share next week that is Blood orange - oh man it smells so good!

      xx
      trisha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...